If you are considering telling someone off in front of a group of people, here are two things to consider:
1. Make sure that you are right.
2. Make sure that what you are saying isn't lost on the person you are yelling at.
This guy threw a total fit in kickboxing class tonight. What a spectacle! We were all lined up in a row, practicing our upper-cuts. Master Lee approached the guy, who we will call Big Baby, or BB for short, next to me & tried to correct his form. BB resisted & mouthed off. After Master Lee kinda gave up on him & moved on to the next person, BB made whiny noises and stomped off to his seat.
Can I give you a little background on this guy? He is awful in this class. I feel he hardly tries more than half the time & is whining about it the entire time. I've dreaded his presence since I've met him, he's a real downer. Too, he's just a goober. The second day he showed for class, he did not have his "uniform" on. Why? Because he was having it altered. Really.
Anyway, there are rules in a dojo. Even if you aren't 100% down or agreeable with Master Lee, you've got to respect him & his school; if not for him, then the others in class, who, by the way, are paying a lot of money, AHEM. Anyway, leaving the mat w/o permission is totally disrespectful & rude. Master Lee asked, "What is this? What is wrong?" ZOMG, BB just started yelling about how Master Lee didn't respect martial arts & that he probably didn't even know Tae Kwon Do (HE DOES). He was all, "YOU'RE FROM KOREA!," as if that meant something. He just went on & on about the lack of respect for martial arts & really just came off lookin' like an asshole. This went on for like five minutes. Master Lee kept saying, "Let's talk later, call me in the morning," but guy just wouldn't settle. Even the senior student chimed in & was like, "Hey man, we're paying for class, if you'll just wait until later..." He still wouldn't compromise, so finally Master Lee said, "Whatever" and we continued class while BB sat there fuming. I mean, what was he going to do, right?
I think BB has some wild, romantic view of what Asia & Asians are like. I think he really thinks we -- ALL Asians -- revere martial arts as the Way. I mean, because Master Lee is from Korea he should respect martial arts? I wonder what else he believes. I may be reading too much into it, but he just didn't sound like he knew what he was talking about. Too, I don't think Master Lee really understood his complaints. He probably just thought BB was a rude, disrespectful weenie. He really came off looking like a real jerk. If you want to yell at somebody, totally reconsider, because you will not look as cool as you think. You will not get the slow-clap of approval from your classmates. BELIEVE.
We continued our class & you could tell everyone had a little resolve in them to show this buster that our class is badass. We worked hard & did well. At the end of our class, BB totally apologized, but it is TOO LATE. I already think he's a jerk-wad & I hope he finds another class. This one is too hard for him! Also, unbelievably, we are the same rank, so I will probably have to stand in line next to him always. Please, NO! GAG!
8 comments:
isn't that the one exception where it's totally cool for a master to beat the everloving shit out of a student? i think it is...
I was kinda praying for it.
"You will not get the slow-clap of approval from your classmates. BELIEVE."
My laff o' the day so far. Well done.
If you want, I can stand next him.
look up "opposite of gravy" in the dictionary and there's a picture of this doosh
You also might want to watch how you act in public lest you get made fun of on someone's blog!
If you'll excuse me, I'm off to pick up my yoga pants from the dry cleaner.
ok, saying you probably dont even know Tae Kwon Doe and then saying you're from Korea is amusing. Forst of all, i would imagine to teach, you must know, and second...TKD originated in Korea. What a maroon. I kind of like when people go off and look like asses. It lets me know there are still candidates for teh Darwin Awards.
Apparently, Le Douche a.k.a. BB was set to apologize the following Wednesday after his episode. I'm sorry I missed it.
Post a Comment